Birdhouse - Emergency Disconnect Switch
NOTE: IF USING THE BIRDHOUSE FOR JUST SHUTTING DOWN A BATTERY BASED SYSTEM BREAKER WITHOUT A COMBINER YOU MUST USE THE MNFX-CABLE FAUX CABLE.
FOR THE BIRDHOUSE TO WORK WITH YOUR DISCONNECTING COMBINER YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE POWER SUPPLY BOARD MNDiscoPSB.
* Located at ground level, the Birdhouse provides a safe means to disconnect high voltage PV arrays from MidNite Disconnecting and Arc Fault combiners.
* Hard wired connection gives positive feedback that the Disconnect on the roof has actually been thrown. Connection is via 600/1000v Cat 5 USE-2 cable
* Up to four separate means of power including battery backup insures that the disconnect will be tripped when the button is pushed
* Voice confirms level of safety (day or night) to the person pushing the button
* Nema 3R UV resistant enclosure
* Able to disconnect multiple PV Disco Arcfault Combiners
* Firefighter Approved
* Meets NEC 2011 and 2014 NEC 690.12
* 600V Cat 5 USE-2 cable $1.39 per ft.